Monday, June 27, 2011

Deb's Porch

Our next-door neighbor Deb is having some work done on her porch. The guy doing the work has to find the property lines (I think to pull the permit) and was out looking around for the spikes while I was mowing the lawn. I asked asked him what the spikes were for and he told me that they mark the corners of the property lines. He was looking for them with a metal detector (Wow, so people really do use those things for more that looking for coins at the beach!). He said if he can't find them then an assessor has to come out and that can cost a thousand dollars! He told me he'd let me know when he finds them. I told him I was curious because Dale and I plan to do some work on the retaining wall that separates our two houses and we're assuming we'll have to have the information for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment